I’ve been working on the Meng ME163b in 1/32 scale for just over a week now, here is my progress:-

So with the internal basically done I can now move onto the fuselage and exterior.

UPDATE:

Completed on Christmas Eve! In spite of some fit issues and once again some issues with one of the varnish coats I’m pleased with the result! I chose the simple colour scheme of red as flown by Wolfgang Späte on 13th  May 1944 although I had to conduct a number of tests with different colour primers the get the deep red, gray Stynylrez provided the colour and a superb base to lay the red onto.

I had problems fitting the tail section and only partly resolved that issue as I was planning on leaving the tail off anyway.

As I had a small problem with ‘frosting’ when I applied the gloss varnish after the red I took extra care with the final satin varnish, I thinned the varnish to the required viscosity and added a drop of flow improver to the mix, I also only airbrushed smaller areas to ensure better coverage, so I did the upper left wing and let it dry followed by the upper right wing etc. The result was a perfect varnish.

I was also pleased to be able to use one of my ‘impulse buys’ in this case a photo etched ‘wood’ stencil, the results can be seen supporting the tail section.

In all I thoroughly enjoyed the build and am very pleased with the result, I plan to construct a ‘hard standing’ base for the model and I’m now looking for some suitable ground crew.

I’ve been working on an old kit a 1/144 scale Revell Space Shuttle and Booster; it’s actually part of a much larger kit that consists of the launch complex as well – I’m not going to build the complex at the moment.

It’s a simple build with a small number of parts but as some of the molds date back to 1975 there are some joint issues! most of the time spent on it so far has been filling and sanding!

The Boosters and Fuel Tank after priming.

The Shuttle masked prior to painting the wing and tail edges

Top decals on

Underside decals on

Side decals on

Fuel tank almost complete

 

Buying the Cartograph decals for the Shuttle’s tiles is a no brainer once you see them on, as the original decals have disintegrated I’ve also ordered the second sheet with vehicle names and extra details I’ll complete the build once they arrive.

UPDATE.

Well the Shuttle and boosters are complete after many coats of varnish and some 88 decals! There are some blemishes and a couple of the decals needed to be cut back prior to fitting – this didn’t happen as I fitted all of the Cartograf decals (mainly lower) before the upper decals (Scale Master) arrived, ho hum! But I’m pleased with the results for such an old kit 😀